Ben Goldsmith / Staff Photographer

Women's swimming and diving came up short against Princeton this weekend.

In its final event of the 2017 calendar year, women’s swimming and diving came up short against Princeton (7-2, 5-0 Ivy), in a 195-105 loss on Friday.

The Tigers dominated the Lions across the score sheet, coming in first in all but four events. The Light Blue’s first victory of the night (0-4, 0-4 Ivy) came in the 100-yard freestyle, in which first-year Susie Zhu swam a personal best time of 51.23. Zhu’s triumph was followed by a win in the 100-yard butterfly from first-year Jessica He, another in the 200-yard individual medley from junior Jessica Antiles, and the “A” team’s victory in the 200-yard freestyle.

Even without many top spot finishes, Columbia showed strong performances across the board. Antiles and first-year Eva Crouse rounded out the top three in the 100-yard breastroke while junior Mary Ashby and senior Kate O’Rourke did the same in the 50-yard freestyle.

After Princeton swept the 100-yard backstroke, the Light Blue took second and third in the 200-yard backstroke thanks to first-years Jamie Lee and Jordan Ashmore, respectively. In turn, senior Nicole Papsco swam a 2:20.07 in the 200-yard breastroke for second place.

On the diving boards, junior Seanna Barrett earned a fourth-place finish on the three-meter dive with a score of 256.28.

The Lions will return on Jan. 14 to face Cornell in their first contest of the new year.

jacqueline.diggs@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports

Women's swimming and diving Swimming and diving Columbia Lions