One month before the Ivy League Championships, the Lions have put together three wins after beating Brown this past weekend.

Men’s swimming and diving brought home another victory against Brown (1-3, 0-3 Ivy) from Providence, Rhode Island this past weekend. The Lions (6-2, 3-2 Ivy) beat the Bears by a substantial margin, tallying up a final score of 190-110.

The Lions completely shut out the Bears in both diving events, taking first place through fourth place in the three-meter and one-meter events. Remaining undefeated thus far in the season, first-year Jonathan Suckow won both events with scores of 398.85 and 340.05. Senior Jayden Pantel followed in second place for both events, while junior Kevin Fulton and sophomore Shinya Kondo each earned a third- and fourth-place finish.

Showing complete dominance in the pool, the Light Blue won 13 of 16 events. Joon Sung and Cody Cline were the only two Bears with a first-place finish. Sung took home the gold in the 100-yard fly and backstroke events with times of 49.32 and 49.92, respectively, while Cline won the 100-yard free with a time of 45.02.

The 100 breaststroke was another sweep for the Lions as they finished first through fourth. Senior Jace Ng took home the gold with a time of 56.51 and was followed by senior teammates Jae Park, Joseph Lozano, and Zach Thomas.

Head coach Jim Bolster seems very comfortable with his relay lineups, as all of the usual suspects participated in both events. The 200-yard medley relay was won by sophomore Cole Stevens, Ng, senior Kevin Frifeldt and first-year Albert Gwo. The 400-yard freestyle relay was won by Frifeldt, sophomore Nian-Guo Liu, sophomore Kevin Dang, and Gwo.

Having already faced Harvard (7-0, 4-0 Ivy) and Princeton (7-2, 5-0 Ivy), both of which remain undefeated in conference meets, the Light Blue now ranks fourth in the Ivy League.

On Saturday, Feb. 3, the Lions will travel to Annapolis, Maryland to compete against Navy at 2:00 p.m. in their last non-Ivy competition before the championships begin.

chapman.hughes@columbiaspectator.com | @CUSpecSports

Columbia Brown Ivy League