Rya Inman / Senior Staff Photographer

Men’s tennis continued to assert its dominance on the court on Sunday, recording its third consecutive win after dispatching Northwestern 7-0 in its first match after a successful ITA Indoor Team Championship.

The Light Blue (6-1), currently ranked No. 10 in the most current ITA standings, continued to prove its strength at home, where it has only lost three times since the 2013 season.

On the doubles court, the Lions triumphed over the Wildcats in first and third doubles. Senior Victor Pham and sophomore Rian Pandole continued to shine as a doubles pair, making quick work of Trice Pickens and Antonioni Fasano 6-2. Sophomore Jack Lin and junior Jackie Tang, ranked No. 12 in doubles, struggled a bit more with their opponents—Simen Bratholm and Nick Brookes—but managed to take the match in a tiebreaker 7-6 (3). In second doubles, junior Adam Ambrozy and senior Will Matheson rallied against the Wildcats’ Chris Ephron and Dominik Stary to a score of 6-6. They were unable to move into a tiebreaker as play ceased and the matched went unfinished.

After securing early points in the match, the Lions moved into singles with multiple lineup shifts for the team’s spring season.

Jack Lin, ranked No. 10 in singles in the most recent ITA standings, cruised through his match with Brookes 6-2, 6-2, giving the Light Blue its first singles point for the day.

Returning to first singles, No. 65 Victor Pham took on Stary for an intense 6-4 win in the first set. Dropping the second set 6-0, Pham managed to regain his footing in the third set, clinching the win 6-2.

Coming off an extremely successful run at the ITA Indoor Team Championship last weekend, Rian Pandole continued to prove that he is a force to be reckoned with, defeating Pickens 6-2, 7-6 at sixth singles.

No. 89 Jackie Tang, sophomore Austen Huang, and senior Tim Wang each won their own singles matches at third, fourth, and fifth singles respectively, rounding out Columbia’s clean sweep of Northwestern.

Next, the Lions will begin their doubleheader weekend, hosting Southern Methodist University on Saturday and Tulane on Sunday. These will be the final two matches before Columbia takes its annual trip to Texas over spring break.

Play against SMU will begin Saturday, March 2, at the Dick Savitt Tennis Center. First serve will come at 11 a.m.

Staff writer Lizzie Karpen can be contacted at elizabeth.karpen@columbiaspectator.com. Follow her on Twitter @karpenlizzie.