Trinity Lester / Staff Photographer

In her new role, Williams-Lendor will serve as the inaugural director for the Office for Workplace Culture and Inclusion at NYU Langone Health.

Executive Director for Equity and Title IX Coordinator Molree Williams-Lendor will leave Barnard on September 20 for a position at New York University, President Sian Beilock announced in an email to the Barnard community on Thursday.

Since her arrival at Barnard in 2017, Williams-Lendor has worked with faculty and staff to increase campus awareness around Title IX and spearheaded the growth of the Office of Disability Services into its current identity as the Center for Accessibility Resources & Disability Services. Williams-Lendor also served as a co-chair of the Barnard Community Safety Group, which was created to review Public Safety procedures and policies on campus after Alexander McNab, CC ’19, who is black, was physically restrained by Public Safety officers in The Cheryl and Philip Milstein Center for Teaching and Learning last April.

“Although we are certainly sad to see her go, this is a great opportunity for Ms. Williams-Lendor, and we know that she will excel in this next step in her career,” Beilock wrote in her email. “[Williams-Lendor] has been a tremendous asset to Barnard since joining the College in 2017. She has been an advocate for the Barnard community, approaching difficult issues with sensitivity and patience.”

While the college searches for a replacement for Molree-Lendor, Deputy Dean of the College Alicia Lawrence will serve as the college’s Title IX coordinator, while Associate Director of Community Standards & Investigations Madeline Camacho will be responsible for all other equity-based matters.

Senior staff writer Juliette Verlaque can be reached at juliette.verlaque@columbiaspectator.com. Follow her on Twitter @j_verlaque.

Barnard Title IX Executive director for equity