Eliot Olson / Staff Photographer

Students will be able to pursue studies within one of eight academic programs while at Tel Aviv.

The School of General Studies will now offer a dual degree program with Tel Aviv University in Israel, the University announced in an email on Thursday afternoon.

The program’s inaugural class of students will enter the program in fall 2020. Participants in the program will spend the first two years of their four-year undergraduate careers at TAU and the following two years at Columbia. Students will be able to pursue studies within one of eight academic programs while at Tel Aviv, after which they will come to Columbia and complete a major and the Core Curriculum.

According to the email, this collaboration “extends upon the deep connection the School of General Studies and Israel.” There are currently 54 students from Israel enrolled in General Studies.

The program will join the international dual and joint degree programs General Studies offers in partnership with Sciences Po, the Jewish Theological Seminary, Trinity College Dublin, and City University of Hong Kong.

Senior staff writer Shubham Saharan can be contacted at shubham.saharan@columbiaspectator.com. Follow her on Twitter at @ShubhamSahara18.

dual degree Tel Aviv University