In the Loop
Katherine Gerberich / Staff Photographer

Construction on the Milstein Teaching and Learning Center will continue throughout the year, with the external structure set to be completed by September.

Barnard’s new Milstein Teaching and Learning Center—named after Cheryl Glicker Milstein, BC ’82, and Philip Milstein, CC ’71,whocontributed$25 millionto the $150millionbuilding—is set to open in fall 2018.

The building will replace the former Lehman Hall, which was torn down in spring 2016.

The Milstein Teaching and Learning Center will house Barnard’s library, the Barnard Center for Research on Women, the Athena Center for Leadership Studies, a computational science center, digital commons with five teaching labs and several flexible learning spaces, a café, and several departmental offices.

In the interim, Barnard’s library is located in the LeFrak Center in Barnard Hall, which was constructed as a swing space in the former LeFrak Gymnasium.

Construction on the Milstein Teaching and Learning Center will continue throughout the year, with the external structure set to be completed by September and interior finishing scheduled to end in April 2018. Faculty will begin moving into the building the following month, and over the summer, the building will be furnished in time for its opening in August.